Упр. 1. Заполните пропуски соответствующими утвердительными и отрицательными формами глагола “to be”:
a) 1)... she a ballet dancer? Yes, she... She... a very good dancer. 2)... you a pilot? No, I.... I … a lawyer. 3)... Max and Vicky from Austria? No, they …, they… from Switzerland. 4) ... your friend happy now? Yes, he... happy, it... his birthday today. 5)... this dog dangerous? No, it... It... very kind. 6)... you twenty-five years old? Yes, I... 7) This... my case, this... my brother's case. 8)... your parents at work? No, they... They... on holiday. 9)... he a teacher? Yes, he... 10)... you married? No, I... I... single.
b) Поставьте предложения в отрицательную и вопросительную форму:
1) The keys are in the bag. 2) My uncle is a pilot. 3) John and Peter are from America. 4) The weather is nice today. 5) We are late. 6) The boy is hungry. 7) He is rather young and inexperienced. 8) My sister is 9 years old. 9) Her name is Anna. 10) We are good friends.
c) Составьте предложения из данных слов:
8) mother / а / beautiful / my / is / very / woman
9) a / writer / he / famous / is?
10) are / now / the / busy / boys.
a) Замените выделенные слова cooтветствующими местоимениями в именительном или объектном падеже:
1) My uncle lives near his colleagues. 2) Shirley likes pancakes. 3) This gift is for my mother. 4) Do you want to play with Matt and me? 5) My parents and I often visit you and Ben. 6) Grace is afraid of cockroaches. 7) Is this book for you and Ann? 8) Тоm doesn't go to parties with his friends. 9) Alex has got a car. 10) These trousers belong to Alice.
b) Заполните пропуски cooтветствующими местоимениями в объектном падеже:
1) Rachel has got a new dress. She made ... herself. 2) Do you know Mr. Jones? Yes, I work with ... at the university. 3) Wait! I want to talk to ... 4) This news is good, I am glad to hear ... 5) I can't find my shoes. I don't remember where I put ... 6) I've got a dog, Jerry, I love ... and I look after ... with pleasure. 7) Look at ...! They are acrobats. 8) Don't play tricks on ..., I can't stand it. 9) I haven't met this girl before, could you introduce me to ...? 10) My aunt leaves her pets with ... when she goes away.
a) Вместо пропуска поставьте соответствующее притяжательное местоимение:
1) This is Mr. Alsop. And this is ... wife. 2) This is Jerry. And they are ... friends. 3) My name is Sue. And this is ... sister. 4) They are Liz and Max. And they are ... parents. 5) This is my dog, Betsy. And that is ... toy. 6) This is a girl. And this is ... doll. 7) We are Oscar and Harry. This is ... car. 8) I have a sister. ... name is Helen. 9) This is Bill. And this is ... friend. 10) They are Andrew and Mallory. And this is ... son.
b) Заполните пропуски соответствующими притяжательными местоимениями и предложенными словами:
We study very well and … are always good. - We study very well and our marks are always good.
1) Irene lives in a flat, but ... live in a house in the country. 2) My Granny has got a comfortable flat and ... is a large light room. 3) I have got the wallet, but where is ... ? 4) My aunt's daughter is ... . 5) Wendy and Kyle are in Florida for ... 6) It's raining, can you give me ... ? 7) ... often invite us to their place for dinner. 8) Help your brothers (to) carry ..., they are very heavy. 9) Where is …? I would like to photograph these flowers. 10) Do you know …? She is very nice.
c) Перепишите предложения, используя абсолютные формы притяжательных местоимений:
This is their car. – This car is theirs.
1) It's my sun-cream. 2) It is his bike. 3) They are her running shoes. 4) This is our house. 5) It's their car. 6) They are my notebooks. Where are your notebooks? 7) It's his money. 8) This is my uniform. 9) This is her bag. 10) They are our bags.
d) Выберите нужную форму местоимения:
1) Whose is this car? It's my/mine. 2) It's not my/mine notepad. It's your/yours. 3) Andy, is that key your/yours? - Yes, it's my/mine, thanks. 4) It's not our/ours house. It is their/theirs. 5) The girl is my/mine sister. Her/Hers name is Nelly. 6) This is her/hers camera. Where is your/yours? 7) Whose is this teddy bear? It's her/hers. 8) Is this your typewriter? No, it's not my/mine. 9) Is this our/ours ball? Yes, this ball is our/ours. 10) Whose is this coat? It's her/hers.
а) Заполните пропуски нужными возвратными местоимениями:
1) Young people usually enjoy ... at parties. 2) I always design my dresses ... 3) Let me introduce ... 4) Jill paints beautiful landscapes ... 5) He seldom does his work ... 6) My friends and I decorate the rooms in my house ... 7) Have a nice journey and take care of .… 8) If you want some more tea help .... 9) You can teach ... how to use a computer. 10) Don't hurt ... while skiing.
b) Дополните предложения соответствующими личными местоимениями:
1) ... can see myself in the mirror. 2) ... need the money ourselves. 3) ... likes to dress herself in blue. 4) ... sometimes talks to himself. 5) ... call themselves bilingual. 6) ... like myself. 7) ... can be proud of yourselves. 8) ... can't open the can herself, could you help her? 9) ... enjoy doing this work ourselves. 10) I don't think ... wants to do the shopping himself.
a) перепишите словосочетания, заменив предложную конструкцию притяжательным падежом:
Пример: the poems of Pushkin - Pushkin's poems
1) the friend of my brother; 2) the table of our teacher; 3) the house of the Browns; 4) the life of businessmen; 5) the questions of the students; 6) the room of my brother; 7) the novels of Agatha Christie; 8) the flat of James; 9) the voice of this girl; 10) the luggage of the passengers.
b) Перепишите словосочетания, используя притяжательный падеж, где это возможно:
1) the roof of the house; 2) the boots of Ann; 3) the birthday of my brother; 4) the top of the page; 5) the party of George; 6) the clothes of the girls; 7) the end of the street; 8) the beginning of the month; 9) the magazine of yesterday; 10) the problems of the children.
с) Замените выделенные местоимения данными в скобках существительными в притяжательном падеже:
1) His son is ten (my friend). 2) Their children are excellent students (his sisters). 3) Their parents are teachers (these children). 4) Her daughter studies at university (my aunt). 5) Her father is an accountant (my cousin). 6) We like his classes (Mr Andrew). 7) I think her boyfriend is very nice (Mary). 8) Their house is spacious and comfortable (my grandparents). 9) Her family is big (Alice). 10) I often reread their letters (my friends).
d) Выберите правильный вариант ответа:
1)... is Alex.
2)... are red.
3) Is this...?
4) really like....
5) I always buy... for my little sister.
6) Is it... over there?
7) Do you know...?
8) Where is...?
а) Предложите краткие ответы на следующие вопросы:
1) Have you got many friends? Yes, .… 2) Have Nicole and Lucy got new bikes? No, .… 3) Has Bill got a country house? No, .… 4) Has Tommy got a brother? Yes, .… 5) Have you got a key to this room? No, .… 6) Has your girlfriend got a computer? Yes, .… 7) Have the students got a good English-Russian dictionary? Yes, .… 8) Have they got children? No, .… 9) Has Paul got a camera? Yes, ... . 10) Has Helen got a pet at home? Yes, .…
b) Дополните предложения "have got" и "has got", составьте вопрос и отрицательный ответ:
They … a lot of newspapers. - … magazines? – No, …
They have got a lot of newspapers. – Have they got magazines? – No, they haven’t.
1) Valerie ... a mobile phone. - ... a computer? - No, .… 2) Teddy... a jeep. - ... a yacht? - No, .… 3) Molly and Alec ... a two-bedroom house. - ... a large country house? - No, .… 4) The girl ... blue eyes. - ... long hair? - No, .… 5) The children ... a hamster. - ... a goldfish, too? - No, ... 6) Jerry ... a bicycle. - ... a motorbike? - No, .… 7) Mike and Dan ... a camera. - ... a video camera? - No, .… 8) The giraffe ... a long neck. - ... a long tail? - No, .… 9) I ... a sister. - ... a brother? - No, ....10) Their flat ... a balcony. - ... a telephone? - No, .…
c) Дополните предложения структурами "haven't/hasn't got" и словами из списка:
She likes animals very much. She … - She has got four dogs.
1) My cat ....2) I don't feel well, I .... 3) Camilla can't buy this dress, she .… 4) Fiona is very rich, she .... 5) Peter is at home today, he .… 6) We can't make salad, we .… 7) The girl is very beautiful, she .… 8) It's a comfortable flat, but it .… 9) I need to call the dentist because I ....10) She has got a lot of toys, but she .…
d) Составьте предложения из данных слов:
1) two / Leo / sisters / got / has
2) your / got / an / watch / has / expensive / friend?
3) grandmother / got / Rose's / three-room / has / flat / a
4) haven't / many / Andy and Tom / got / friends / true
5) got / your / a / cousin / has / car / good?
6) this term / a lot of / I / got / with / English / have / problems
7) not have got / my / schoolmates / grades / in Maths / good
9) many / got / not have / my brothers / T-shirts
10) a / have / favourite / you / got / writer?
e) Определите, что означает ’s - is, has или притяжательный падеж существительного и занесите номера предложений в соответствующую колонку таблицы: